Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Made To Be Broken

As I mentioned in a recent post, I have been doing a lot of unintentional self-reflection which has resulted in one change after another (I am not sure what brought this on). I am normally quite change adverse, but for some reason I just can't stop myself lately. My latest promises to myself (which will surely be broken, because who really ever keeps promises they make themselves) consist of the following:


- I promise that my 30s are going to be my best decade yet. I realize that I am still a few years away, but for some reason 30 brings a lot of hope for me; hope to be in the best shape of my life (I even went to the gym today after years away *gasp*); hope that I will have figured out how to balance work, being a mom, crafting, and having a chronic illness; hope that raising Chase will just become more and more exciting; hope that 5 great years of marriage will turn into 10; hope that by 30 I will have life a bit more figured out (or that I will at least believe that I do). I think 30 sounds perfect...I can't wait.


- I promise that I will be a better blogger. I recently realized a few things about my blog. 1) I don't pay very much attention to it 2) I am not sure that anyone ever really visits my blog 3) why would anyone visit my blog as my posts are often fairly boring (well just very self-focused instead of reader focused) 4) if I want people to visit my blog I need to visit theirs 5) I am not a very good writer and I need to figure out how to make my writing my interesting 6) I need to take better pictures 7) I need to blog about the little things because sometimes those are the most interesting stories.


- I promise that I will start finishing things I start. I say this and yet I currently have 3 blankets, 2 sweaters, a few jewelry pieces, a billion scrapbooks, a few sewing projects, etc, that are all in progress at this very moment. So that being said, guess what I did tonight, I bought "Knitting Lingerie Style" by Joan McGowan-Michael and "Essential Knits For Kids" by Debbie Bliss so that I now have a zillion new projects to start. I'm hopeless (this promise may have already been broken).


All of this self-reflection sure does make for long to do lists...

No comments: