Friday, February 21, 2014
We hit Legoland while we were in San Diego. Chase had a blast and even rode his first rollercoaster! Legoland is definitely aimed at younger kids even all the rides have been scaled down. Maybe 4-8 years old would be the target audience.
Here are a few of my thoughts about the park:
- We spent about 4-5 hours there and covered the entire park but we skipped some of the really baby or really scary rides and only did things once (we didn't go to the aquarium and the waterpark was closed this time of year)
- Definitely not the same wow factor as Disney
- It was a much smaller park so Chase was able to walk the entire time
- Food was way easier to get and better then at Disney
- The lines were much shorter which was nice
- The Sky Cruiser was the worst ride ever don't wait in the line
- The dinosaur coaster when you first walk in was a great starter coaster for a little kid
- The mini USA was pretty cool
- The shoping was disappointing (the Disney Lego store was way better)
- Tickets were kind of pricey and then once you got in it seemed like everything was an extra charge (pretty typical of theme parks)
- I will say that even though I wasn't 100% wowed Chase had a great time!