Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter!

We kicked off the event with some egg dying (this year we went for marbled eggs - the trick to marbled eggs is to put 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil into the dye before you start dunking your eggs).

Chase took egg dying very seriously...




This year Chase's basket was hidden in the coat closet. He loved his basket and determined that the bunny must know him very well.





After the basket hunting G and I knocked out a 6 mile run (I just couldn't commit to do the 9 mile run that was on the schedule). We followed the run with a delicious family brunch. I love quiche.

Back at home we did a neighborhood alley egg hunt and potluck / happy hour. Just about every neighbor came and we played hard until bedtime. I love our block! I hid about 150 eggs and there were only 7 kids and 3 didn't want to hunt - let's just say the kids that decided to hunt ended up doing fairly well for themselves.


I hope everyone else had a wonderful day too!

No comments: