Monday, September 1, 2014

3D Magic Life Counters

I made some 3D Magic Life Counters recently. It is a fun project.

This is the first one I made. I didn't edge the cards with marker which was a mistake. Also I didn't leave the pieces attached to the border so it was hard to get them spaced correctly.  For the bars we used safety pins and I didn't feel like they were flat enough. I used a scrapbooking glue that seemed to work ok. I wasn't thrilled with the results. 


This one I used 3 inch doll needles for the bars which worked perfectly. We also
colored the edges black which made a big difference.  It didn't have a ton of layers because the image was pretty simple but it turned out well. 


This one has a lot of depth to it and I was really happy with it. I think it had about 6 cut layers (about 20 with spacers). 



This one turned out well. It is hard to get a picture with all the layers. 



I was also pretty happy with this one (again the picture doesn't do it justice). 


I want to figure out a way to finish the edges. I tried clear nail polished and it seemed to work well but I am worried it would chip with a lot of use. I am thinking  Diamond Glaze could work well. Also I am wondering if I should find a clear layer to put over the 3D image top (acrylic or vinyl) to protect it (but I am worried it will make it harder to see the details). 

No comments: