Sunday, October 16, 2016

Girls Trip to Portland

I went on my first girls trip ever to Portland!

Sadly the trip got off to a bumpy start with a long flight delay.  I ate cheese and had some wine to help console myself.


We stayed at the Hotel Modera. It was nice but was a bit off the main shopping area so I think if I went back I would pick a different hotel.  The pearl shopping area was great so maybe something near there. 


The first day my friend was struck with the stomach flu which was a serious bummer but she was a trooper and we managed to wander around and shop.  I'm pretty sure you could shop in Portland for days.


We popped by The Nines and checked out their rooftop patio.  It had great views. 


That night we had dessert by the firepits at the hotel.


The second day we managed to squeeze the rest of Portland in to a short timeframe.

We started at the Rose and Japanese gardens.  They were beautiful.




The photos don't quite catch the way the sun was filtering through the trees. 



After that we Ubered to the Saturday market which was really fun.  It was right by the water and they had a bunch of craft vendors.  BTW I had never used Uber before this trip and I have nothing but good things to say about the experience.  

We also managed to hit Bamboo sushi for a light lunch and Powells books.  I must admit I was slightly disappointed in the book store. It was definitely large but it was almost claustrophobic there with all the crowds.


After resting a bit we hit a Dessert place called Papa Hayden which had an amazing selection. Sadly I was so congested from a cold I had I wasn't able to taste much but it was really fun anyways.  The food looked amazing too, definitely a place I would try again.

I think the only thing we really missed out on was the Portland food due to our illnesses but we made the best of it!

On the way back I got a foot soak / scrub and massage at the airport. It was a lovely way to help pass time!


I would definitely be willing to give Portland another try...especially when I can taste all the amazing food.

No comments: