Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Running Experiment

 
So I am quite possibly the worst runner in the world. In fact last year I was going to try running a 5K with B and I just couldn't do it so he did it without me. Amazingly since I have started yoga the muscles in my knees and legs have finally gotten strong enough that I can run without pain. Today I wanted a baseline of what I could do and I was shooting for 10 minute miles so I wanted to finish my 5K in 30 minutes. Unfortunately I fell short of my goal and it took me 32 minutes. I am officially the worlds slowest runner. My hope is that if I can squeeze running into my exercise routine two to three times a week that I will be able to run a 5K in well under 30 minutes in a few months. Wish me luck...I am going to need it.

Note: So far my favorite part of running are my new running shoes and cute running outfits! I swear the gear is the only thing that keeps me exercising. One of my favorite things is the reflection running skirt from Lulumon.



Note 2: The other thing I'm going to experiment with is Zumba. I am taking my first class with a coworker next week. I am terribly uncoordinated so it may be a disaster but more to come on that soon.
 

No comments: