Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Updates

I have been terrible about blogging lately. Honestly I think it is because there hasn't been much to report.

Here are a few things I have going on:

- I have been busy crafting but with the holidays right around the corner I can't post pictures! I promise I will post them after gifts have been given. I will give one hint about a project I did tonight though (mainly because it was really fun and everyone with kiddos should do it this year). I bought Shrinky Dink paper (yes flash back to your childhood) and I had Chase draw pictures on it and then I shrunk them down into ornaments! They are ADORABLE and I highly recommend trying it if you have young kiddos. Chase will be giving his ornaments as his gifts this year. So fun!

- Another "day one" on a diet around here...if only I had a nickel for every time I started a new weight loss attempt! My last attempt was derailed by a head cold which I still unfortunately have (but let's be honest all things are just excuses - just because my cold prevented me from exercising didn't really mean I had to start eating like crap too). Apparently I am not the only person with this problem as seen here...and here...so here's to getting back on track (I just feel lucky that I only gained about a pound back from my last attempt so I am still somewhat ahead of the game)!


- I am feeling overwhelmed by the activities at Chase's school! We missed the auction we were suppose to set up for, tomorrow and the Monday after Thanksgiving they are having Teddybear tea parties, then the days before Thanksgiving they are having PJ potlucks, etc, etc, etc (the demands on parents never end!) Maybe it would be easier if work wasn't also insane right now or if there wasn't a holiday party every weekend from now until Christmas.

- We are hosting Thanksgiving and I am so excited! Turkey, sides, dessert, big family get together, YES PLEASE! I love the holidays.

- I put my name on the waiting list for two Colorado Prison dogs. Hopefully the wait lists aren't too long and we will get one!

- I am thrilled that the new seasons of Bones started and I am eagerly awaiting the new Twilight movie! I also am excited about the Hunger Games movie!



And with that random post I leave you with this.


1 comment:

Chance said...

I love this post! Random is so real world.