Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chase Moments


So just recently it occurred to me that I am NEVER going to finish Chase's scrapbook - I just don't seem to find the time (or may I just don't seem to find the motivation).  The sad thing is that if I wait too long to get around to it I will forget all of the adorable stories that I want to journal about.  I think I am going to do a set of electronic scrapbooks for Chase and have them printed up in bound books for now because that is a lot faster.  Then if I ever get around to finishing the actual paper scrapbook that will be nice but at least then I can stop worrying about it.  With being sick there just isn't enough time to get to everything so I think this is one of those things I am going to cut myself slack on and go the easy way out... so here I come Apple store - printed baby books it is!

Since I am worrying about forgetting my cute Chase stories I thought I would add a few here - that way when I am trying to finish my books I can use my blog as a reminder.

Chase's Favorite Things:
- Stuffed Animals (Pinkie, Foo Foo, and Puppy are the current favorites)
- Fruit Snacks
- Chocolate (including milk, dark, chocolate milk, or anything that in fact resembles chocolate)
- The Bumble Bee Song
- The Bear Hunt Book
- Elephants, Monkeys, and Hippos (and I guess just animals in general)
- Trains and cars
- Stickers!  Stickers! Stickers!
- Shoes (the boy LOVES shoes - his own, other people's, it doesn't matter - a shoe is a shoe)
- The color pink
- Chase really loves the men in his life:  Uncle, Daddy, Pops, Papa, Jeff (or Beff as Chase calls him), Pouch
- Being outside / the park / walks / slides

Cute Things Chase Says:
- Thank you mama / Thank you daddy
- Any time you sing the "I've been working on the railroad song" when you get to the part where "Someone's in the kitchen" Chase always shouts "Pops" - apparently my dad (Pops) is in the kitchen
- Whenever he wakes up in the morning he says "All Done"
- He likes to sing the dinosaur song so he runs around saying "Here he comes" which is the first line of the song and then he wants us to name all the dinosaurs when we sing the song - Uncle dinosaur, mama dinosaur, daddy dinosaur, Chase dinosaur, Ah Ah dinosaur, Mammy dinosaur, Pops dinosaur, etc etc (and we usually have to to go through all of the family, his friends and teachers at daycare, our friends, and anyone else Chase can think of at the moment)
- Sometimes when I get him in the middle of the night when he wakes up he says "mama's bed"
- Chase calls graham crackers "Uncle Crackers"

Other Random Cute Things:
- Chase is very big on spinning and jumping (or trying to) right now
- In one of Chase's books the frog sticks out his tongue and says "Blah" so Chase always says "Blah" and waits for you to stick out your tongue so he can touch it
- Chase has been trying to count lately but he really only gets 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 right
- Chase is big on animal noises and he knows just about all of them now
- Chase playing the drums - need I say more
- Chase doing the "Wheels on the Bus" song  - again need I say more?  The best part is that now when you ask him what Chase says he says "Wha Wha Wha" and if you ask him what any adult says the answer is "Shhh Shhh Shhh"
- Chase loves to hug to dogs right now - Jaxx is okay with it but it is kind of freaking out Bugsy - he is also big on giving me kisses which I love
- Chase likes to talk to himself in the mirror
- The other day in the car a song came on and Chase started waving his fist in the air like a white man dance - it was freaking hilarious - Boris and I got him to do it again last night at home - I will try to get a video of it!

...I would have put up new pictures of Chase except that, oh yeah, I'm a clutz and I broke the lens on our nice camera so there are no new pictures....

No comments: