Here is the recipe (the crust didn't turn out well at all and most of the guests thought that a standard graham cracker crust would have been better - a few thought no crust at all but just in cups with fruit would be the way to go):
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tofu Pie
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (I used a butter substitute)
- 10 oz. pretzels
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (60% cacao) (I did 3/4 of a cup of dark chocolate and 1/2 a cup of semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I only used 3/4 of a cup and the PB taste was VERY strong so I may consider using less next time)
- 12 oz. extra firm light silken tofu
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- chopped pretzels for garnish (I used bananas and berries as a garnish)
Preheat oven to 350. Crush pretzels and sugar in a food processor or blender until mixture becomes very fine crumbs. With a fork, stir in melted butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Microwave dark chocolate chips and peanut butter together in a microwave safe container for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat in 30-second increments until chips are completely melted. Process tofu and maple syrup in a food processor until smooth. Add chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Process again until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped pretzels if desired.