Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Double Wedding Ring Hot Pad


The Sometimes Crafter made the cutest mini double wedding ring quilt.  I was inspired and had to make one too!  Here is the inspiration quilt.


Here is the quilt I made.  I used a free pattern off the internet and the only thing I didn't love about it was that the corner pieces were squares instead of a more diamond shaped piece so my corners didn't line up which was very frustrating to me.  The paper piecing idea to make the arcs is genius (very fast and easy) so I may just work on figuring out a better shape for the corners.

I used Insul-Bright and a layer of warm and natural batting in my version so it can be used as a table center piece / large trivet / hot pad.  Also I quilted this with a grid and I like the look.  Overall I really like the finished product - I am thinking about making them as Christmas gifts.


No comments: