Monday, December 29, 2008

The Benefits of Rest

So I recently learned something very interesting about my illness...


Last week I was in the midst of a couple week 101 fever streak and I had a terrible head cold on top of my usual fevers. I ended up staying in bed for days straight and doing pretty much nothing but resting. I didn't even craft because I was too sick to do that. Well the interesting thing was that after a few days of resting my fevers completely went away (for the first time in months I was a wonderful 98.6!). So being the genius that I am I decided - well hey, if I'm feeling better maybe I can exercise on the elliptical machine for a half an hour or so.


Unfortunately that brought my fevers back and I am now back into my state of chronic fevers all the time. Although we did prove Boris's theory wrong (that if I got really sick again maybe I would get better permanently). So here I am approaching my 1 year mark with my illness and we still have no diagnosis... it's a bit depressing ... now if only I could rest all day every day maybe I would feel better... too bad that isn't very realistic...

No comments: