Saturday, July 2, 2011

Accuquilt Go Review

I recently found the Accuquilt Go on sale for $199 - I am in LOVE with this product!!! It is pricy because you have to buy dies and mats but I think it is worth it for hard to cut pieces.


I am an impatient lazy crafter and this die cutter is fast and easy. I tried it for the first time tonight and I cut 60 apple cores in less than an hour. I think I could have done it a lot faster if I wasn't stopping to ooh and ahh my perfectly cut pieces. This machine is going to allow me to do the curved blocks that I've always avoided because of the excessive cutting involved.


Some fabric waste does occur but if you were more meticulous about cutting / folding the fabric before you ran it through the cutter this could be decreased. For someone like me who will use the scraps for something else anyways the time savings way outweighed the fabric waste issue.

If you are an avid quilter go buy this machine (I had personally pondered buying the studio machine but I couldn't rationalize the extra cost and I really do think the Go machine would meet the vast majority of people's needs).
 

No comments: