Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Paint Colors

We are experiencing paint color drama around our house. I swear swatches do NOT represent what the paint actually looks like in large volumes! Also paint apparently looks different in all sorts of lighting making it REALLY hard to pick a color. I have bought a ton of samples and still can't decide!

Our house will be painted Analytical Gray and I am trying to pick accent colors.

Mind you the computer doesn't really show how different the colors are.

The biggest debate has been around the study/mudroom accent color (probably because it is the only bold color we are picking). The current top runners are:

Citronella VS. Fusion

Here are the Sherwin Williams sample rooms with those colors and Analytical Gray.


I think for the master bedroom we are going with Mink. The only question is whether we do an accent wall of Mink or do the room in Mink and the accent as Analytical Gray.

Chase's accent wall is going to be Cityscape (basically boring gray) because we are going to do bright superhero comic books as the artwork in his room. Although it has come to my attention that Mink and Cityscape are very similar - but my concern with doing Mink in Chase's room is that it has a slight purple hue to it.

For the living room we are going to do an accent wall in either Porpoise or Griffin (Porpoise is slightly grayer - we will pick whichever color goes with the floors better)...they are both fairly dark / dramatic (I swear in real life these colors are quite different from Mink - much darker).

Here is a sample of what Griffin looks like with Analytical Gray.


I can't decide what to do with my sewing room so it may just stay unpainted while I try to figure it out (which may mean it never gets painted).

What do you think about Moody Blue or Mediterranean for a sewing room?


The bathrooms are also going to have to wait for round two of painting.

No comments: