Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where am I with Running?


So I finished my first 5K - now what? Well my sad little brain immediately jumped to "Woohoo! Been there, done that, no more running yippee!". So to negate my laziness I immediately went home and registered for the ERace Homelessness 5K race in Washington Park (August 28th - if anyone else wants to join me).

It still left me with a lack of motivation so my next search was for a 10K. I am highly interested in the Denver half marathon / 10K at the Cherry Creek reservoir on September 11th but I am afraid to sign up because no matter how good my intentions are I'm afraid moving may get in the way of my training / running.

My other goal in July is more cross training which to me = yoga. Unfortunately yoga is a time consuming activity and packing / moving may interfere with those plans as well. But just in case I some how pull off renting a house, moving, and training all at once I thought that I should start upping my mileage. So today I added an extra half mile to my run. :)
 

No comments: