Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Healthy Snack

 
One of my coworkers is always carrying around little bags of healthy snacks and she gave me one of the recipes.

Protein Muffins (Super fast to make - the kids could totally help)
- 1/2 Cup of Oatmeal (if you don't like whole oats you can grind them but I went with whole ones and I used regular Oatmeal not the quick stuff)
- 6 Egg Whites (I would consider slightly less egg - mine were pretty eggy)
- Cinnamon
- I doubled the batch and added pumpkin pie spice and I added 3 tablespoons of Splenda (if I do this again I would add way more Splenda)

Mix together, pour into a greased mini muffin pan and bake for 7 - 8 minutes at 350 degrees (or if you double the batch like I did a lot longer until they look solid and muffin-like). I forgot to grease my pan and it was a mistake (hence the mangled look) - I would definitely recommend spray pam or muffin paper baking cups.

I think these would be good with canned pumpkin mixed in or with blueberries or craisins or nuts or banana. I guess my coworker tried peanut butter - that could be good too.

No comments: