Sunday, August 11, 2013

Welcome Baby Keira!

After a long prodromal labor we sure had a wild ride this morning! Had my first contraction at 5 AM and they started hard and fast and 5 minutes apart. For some reason I thought a shower was a good idea and we didn't end up leaving the house until 5:50 AM by which point I could barely stand. We got to the hospital around 6:05 (B did some record driving while I screamed "NO BUMPS" at him). B had to wheel me into the hospital in a chair because I couldn't walk and I kept saying "I want my epidural nowwwwww!!!! Page the Anesthesiologist!!!" Sadly when they checked me I was complete so no epidural for me. They barely got me into a room in time to push and I had a lovely baby girl 3 minutes later at 6:32 AM. I'm pretty sure everyone within a mile of me heard me screaming (yes SCREAMING) at the top of my lungs (no impressive breathing techniques here). B said the nurse said keep pushing she will be here any minute and I may have screamed back "It's not worth it!!!!" Oops (but there is definitely something about that ring of fire...and natural childbirth is far from natural).

To sum it all up baby girl made quite the entrance into the world. She is beautiful and I am so happy she is here!!!! I am ready for the adventure of being a new mom again!

Keira Jo
7 lbs 12 oz
19 inches long
12 inch head circ
Born at 6:32 AM on August 11, 2013

Many more pictures and stories to come...







No comments: