Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Life of a Stay at Home Mom

Today I had the chance to play "Stay at Home Mom"...


Chase has had some GI problems since Monday - Poor little guy. I am pretty convinced that his issues are teething related as you can see his second little tooth starting to poke through his gum. But whatever the cause, Chase has been banned from daycare until he is better and Boris and I have had to stay home with him (with much assistance from Grandma - Thank god for Grandmas).


So today I had a taste of what it would be like to be a stay at home mom. It was honestly very enjoyable, minus the poop leakage issue that resulted in poop on the highchair, the floors, the changer, the baby, clothes, etc. It was fun spending quality time with Chase, going to lunch with my parents, and doing some relaxing. Granted I doubt it would feel the same if it was what I did day in and day out (or if I had more kiddos).


Also I have noticed that since I work I don't feel obligated to do all the cleaning or cooking or laundry or other chores but I think if I stayed at home those things would constantly hang over me and I would feel stressed out all the time. So I guess it wasn't a real stay at home mom day (since they do a lot more work than I did today) but it makes me grateful that I work so that days like today feel like a real treat. I like vacationing in "stay at home land" but I don't think I would want to live there...

No comments: