Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Fiona's Top" Dress


I found this really cute knitting pattern for Fiona's top by Ramsilla which is a light weight knit tunic.  


I decided to use the pattern for the bodice of a baby dress.  The only change I made is that after the arm holes I joined the pattern in round (and dropped the extra cast on stitches) because I hate seams.  I did 5 of the lace pattern repeats in the front (6 in the back).

The pattern is easy and adorable.

Here is the finished dress!!!  I am in love with it!  One thing I may consider if I do this again would be either to not increase the bodice width so much or maybe to add some elastic where the knitting meets the fabric to "cinch" in the waist a tiny bit.


The sparkly buttons on the back are the perfect touch aren't they?


This is the first combined knitting / sewing project I have ever done and I can't wait to try another one!

No comments: